More than just paradise
Antigua, it is more than just a Caribbean paradise; it is also a well managed business hub that is ripe for investment. The government provides strong economic incentives for foreign investment and is positioning the country for further growth by targeting emerging markets and diversifying its economy. As part of their incentive scheme, the Antiguan Government has included Pearns Point as part of their CIP program.
The C.I.P Program
The Citizen Investment Program was launched by the Antiguan Government in 2014, it grants Antiguan Citizenship to individuals who meaningfully invest in the infrastructure of the island. Pearns Point is one of only a handful of developments officially endorsed by CIP. Homeowners or investors who are eligible will receive an Antiguan passport and will gain from all the benefits it entails. For more information on the CIP, and for information on eligibility and application, follow this link.
The benefits of C.I.P
Gaining an Antiguan passport through CIP allows for an investor and their immediate family to benefit from all the advantages of Antiguan citizenship. As a member state of the British Commonwealth, Antigua and Barbuda enjoys a privileged position for international travel and trade. Passport holders can enjoy visa-free travel to over 100 countries including the United Kingdom, Canada and all countries within the EU. It is a distinct advantage to those with vested interests overseas.
Residents of Antigua and Barbuda will be issued with a passport. This passport allows residents to travel to over 130 countries including Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, the UK and EU countries, without the hindrance of visa issues. Extremely beneficial to international residents requiring freedom of travel.
• In 2009, the Antigua and Barbuda government signed a visa waiver agreement with the EU which allows an Antigua and Barbuda citizen to visit the Schengen countries without a visa for a period of three months within any six month period following the date of first entry into any EU country.
• Full citizenship with passport is granted to both the applicant and their family.
• There are no restrictions whatsoever on a Citizen by Investment, not even on voting rights (subject to meeting the standard voter registration criteria).
• Antigua and Barbuda is a member of the Commonwealth, entitling Antigua and Barbuda citizens to certain privileges in the UK and other Commonwealth countries.
To ensure citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda, applicants must be over 18 years of age and meet the requirements below:
• Applicant must have no criminal record, as proven by police certificate.
• Applicant must meet specific passport and visa requirements which can be found on the CIP website.
The Citizenship by Investment Programme also requires a recognised investment, the most relevant being:
• Investment in a property with a value of over (USD) $400,000 in a pre-approved real estate development. The investment in this property must be kept for a minimum of five years or until after developments have been made that the investment was intended for. Property registration, due diligence fees, processing fees and taxes must be paid in addition to the property purchase.
Persons will be deemed as residents if they have permanent residence in the country or are present for 183 days of the year.
Family applications will be considered to include the following family members;
• A spouse of the main applicant.
• A child of the main applicant or his or her spouse who is less than 18 years of age.
• A child of the main applicant or his or her spouse who is at least 18 years and less than 26 years of age and who is in full time attendance at a recognised institution of higher learning and fully supported by the main applicant.
• A child of the main applicant or of the spouse of the main applicant who is at least 18 years of age, who is physically or mentally challenged, and who is living with and fully supported by the main applicant.
• Parents or grandparents of the main applicant or his or her spouse above the age of 65 years living with and fully supported by the main applicant.
For the purposes of the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program ‘child’ means a biological or legally adopted child of the main applicant or their spouse.